2009年4月3日 星期五

叫我第一名

ok, you don't have to. but i AM quite proud of my recent (and past) purchases. one thing i know for sure, is that I will make quite a good housewife in the future because i am just simply getting too many great deals (expert at searching for them). for example:

1. got a year of NYLON magazine subscription for FREE. yeah, i saw that online just randomly one day while i was on urbanoutiffter.com. Not a cent, and no strings attached (I didn't even have to give out my credit card/phone number). I was sold.

2. Got a year of Allure magazine for, again, FREE. I was introduced to a friend's Paul and Joe Beaute Toner. I liked mine, which is Japanese made. But while i was on the trip with her I ran out of mine. And hers felt absolutely amazing! It was moisturizing without being too heavy on my oily/acne prone skin. But she got it in tw. So i came home and did a search online and found it on Dermastore.com. they ship it for free, plus every order comes with a year of Allure.

3. Got a year of Glamour magazine for $1!!! One buck! i know. they had a banner add and i didn't believe it (usually it's $1/issue) but then apparently they had a anniversary sale. So yes, 12 issues for a dollar. MAGAZINE OVERLOAD! I am going to be reading a lot of these free magazines for the next year. You can never have too many of these, and they make good companions on the airplane. Now i dont have to spend $4.50/issue at the airport. I bring my own that's free! :D

4. Got $25 certificates to 4 restaurants for $2 each! Yes, i receive free newsletters on deals too. And restaurant.com had a 70% off sale. So essentially I can go to these places and pay only $2. and these are not the mom-and-pop restaurants. These are like high-end, hollywood like, bar/restaurants. I have wanted to try them forever. And now i CAN. :)so essentially i spent $8 on certificates that are worth $100.

5. Got free clothes at Nordstrom. Yes, because i accumulate my points on my credit cards which turn into free money at nordstrom. So now i have money to buy work clothes for the upcoming year with rotations.

6. Got a free PDA (Palm TX - worth $250-300): I spent days researching online for the best combination (redeem my points for my credit card company directly, redeem them visa card and get it somewhere else, redeem them for bestbuy card and get it there...etc.) then I realized the best option is actually redeeming my points for credit balance on the statement. Then go and buy the PDA on amazon.com. So essentially my credit balance will make up for my pda purchase, AND i'm accumulating points for my spending for the pda. (I dont know if this makes sense, but yeah, it came out to be free).

so anyone who knows me knows that i LOVE a great deal. And i never like to pay more than something is worth. Because if you look hard, there's always some kind of ridiculous deals online for you to grab. You just need a little more effort rather than just whipping out the credit card and buy it right away. YES it's pretty time-consuming sometimes. But if i can save upward $400-500 i think it's well worth the time spent. :)

沒有留言: