2009年4月9日 星期四

Getting better....

So I did not call my doctor back yesterday afternoon like he instructed, I felt that it was too soon to tell after only 3 doses of strong antibiotic. I wanted to wait it out another day, and see if my immune system will kick in more, even though i was still pretty uncomfortable and have difficulty moving my arms.

this morning i woke up still with pain in the armpits, and for some reason I now find myself awake with arms over my head (probably adjusted them myself during sleep so they are not as compressed). The inflammation is still there, there still is some pain, but the pain is much better controlled with prescription strength advil now. I can now take just 1 tablet of 600mg and be pain-free most time of the day. As for the actual inflammation, it still looks scary, and a couple of them broke (too much information i know). I fear that they are goin to leave scars, and i will forever have these dark pigments underarm. But think on the positive side, at least i didn't have to have them drained, and it didn't turn into a full body sepsis. I should be thankful enough.

So that's my progress so far. Who would have thought that the simple act of putting on my deodorant before work could lead to my agony for the next couple of days? The thing is SoCal gets so hot sometimes even in spring, and working and lifting things in a stuffy pharmacy doesn't exactly help. I am now worried that since I wont be able to wear deodorant for a while, i would stink of BO this coming saturday. :-/ *think positive, think positive*.

I will continue to update my health status, but yes, wayyy too many infections within a year. my body must be really breaking down or maybe this is just a natural part of getting old. It's true when THE DOC said that he's seen more embarrassing things. When think positively (see the trend here ;D ) I realize that at least i have been fortunate enough. at least its' not some unknown organism developing in THAT AREA down under. If i had this infection in/around my vagina i would REALLY die of humiliation and change my name and move out of town forever. So yes, armpits are in comparison less embarrassing. ( "but at least people wont' see the scars left near your vagina, where as arm pits are out in the open...". Ok no second guessing myself.

So now the issue is "sort of" out of the way, I've decided to pick up the training for the Revlon 5K i will be participating in less than a month.


I had just mapped out the days when i will be off and can go for a run in the park. It seems like 4 weeks is not nearly enough, especially since it's been a while for me since i last exercised. But i'm determined to do at least 3 days out of a week. hopefully this will put me in a pretty good shape. Time to carb/protein load!

Until next time.

沒有留言: