2009年4月10日 星期五

Up and running, LITERALLY

YES! i finally got two things running now. my life is perfect! haha i know.

I must commend on how fast Amazon's service is. After several try with my last shipment of Palm TX coming to an ugly end, I filed for an exchange request and only mailed it out 3 days ago. and guess what came in the mail the day after? the replacement! I was in awe, 2 PDAs within one week. i guess they really dont care a whole lot about shipping charges (2 x UPS fast delivery). Since i can only handle linksys + palm's customer service for about 3 hrs a day before i reach my absolute tolerance, i decided to give them another call to get my PDA hooked up to my Wi-Fi at home. So after another 3 hrs of speaking with different technicians, i've FINALLY, FINALLY gotten it to work. YES, hallelujah! I have probably learned about everything I needed to know about wireless routers and its setting and pda settings. the truth is there is a million things that can go wrong, you gotta change first find out your ip add, your security setting (WPA/ WEP), different channels (so you're not on teh same with your neighbor), different signal (mixed, G only or B and G only)...etc. I can probably go and help people troubleshoot their pda connection problem now. It's amazing what people do for a living. i'd much rather tear my hair out. technology is hard. i'm so glad i'm not a 60 year old getting pda for the first time for business meetings. setting up the TX was such a pain (not to mention the 8+ hrs, not counting the charging time). So anyway, as soon as i got my pda up and running, i downloaded epocrates (the Rx program) right away. i am one step closer to becoming a professional-looking pharm student now. ;)

One more thing on the pda, it is now my new baby, and i ordered a pink leather jacket for it. and now my pda is resting comfortably and looking quite cute in it. i will follow this thread with a picture soon. a baby pink jacket! ohhhh

The second thing i got running, was my ass. So after promising myself yesterday that I would start training for the 5K. i did. this morning i went for a 1 hr work out at the park. i had not realized how out of shape i was. i tried running for 2 minutes and rest for 1 and even THAT proved to be too much for me. i was out of breath, feeling dizzy. I just kept at it, and eventually i sort of found my groove. i started to run at a slower pace and adjusted my breathing, to keep my metabolism the lowest so i could last long, and it seemed to have worked! I was able to run half the lap before i felt the need to walk (Lacy Park is pretty huge). so i'm determined to keep it up. lots more to look forward to. :)

沒有留言: