2009年4月29日 星期三

about rotations...

so Monday was THE DAY when we found out the rest of the rotations. I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome, i got almost most of my choices, and almost in the order i wanted:

Summer 1: Hawaii
Sumemr 2: Norris cancer hospital - ambulatory care
Fall 1: Off
Fall 2: Baxter - Medical Affairs
Fall 3: Off (trying to switch to Community here, we'll see)
Spring 1: Norris Cancer Hospital - Oncology inpatient
Spring 2: community
Spring 3: Cedars-Sinai - Inpatient Psychiatry

These are all choices I ranked pretty high on my list. Although some of them are pretty challenging, but I'm fine with being challenged, i just dont want asshold preceptors who make your life miserable. so i'm climbing in my boots and hoping for the best.

However, the weird, random thing is that, since my friend decided to get married during summer 1 and therefore had to drop her Hawaii rotation with me (hence i'm on my own), several people have expressed extreme interest in the rotation. People who i'm not necessarily friends with, at best i call them acquaintances. But usually i'm surrounded by a lot of people who only talk to you when they need you (hence NOT my friends). So i was pretty annoyed at the prospect that i might actually have to do a rotation with them, possibly ruining my paradise of a time in Hawaii. Truth be told, I'd rather be with a bunch of people who i dont know and do my own things, than having to hang with someone who i dont particularly like. all of a sudden i'm being stopped in the hallway with smiley faces asking me about the rotation, or getting numerous calls on my phone inquiring about further details. i THANK GOD that i already got housing taken care of. or the prospect of having to live with people from my class who i'm not friends with will surely drive me crazy. you might ask, why this strong reaction? well, since i'm not really friends with them, i'd like my personal life/activities while in hawaii remain private and not known to the rest of the class when i come back. People in our class seem to have nothing better to do than gossip. i clearly remember only telling a handful of people about me doing the hawaii rotations and suddenly now i'm being stopped in the hallway by people i dotn know. they like to gossip to death. that's what you get for getting 170 females in the class and the rest of them feminine guys almost. all of the Hawaii contenders asked me about my housing arrangements, and when i told them that i had that taken care of, one of them even proceeded to ask me if i could share the car rental with her. Uh, we are NOT goin to live together. i dont see how that can be arranged when we have rotation at 6 in the morning. I do not want to wait to be picked up, and i certainly do not want to make a detour in the morning to go get someone. and i would be on house arrest while you have the car. So yes i will shed the extra cash for the sake of my convenience. please understand.

i want to not be anxious and have strength in everythign that i do. I want everything to work out. i really do. :/

沒有留言: