2009年5月7日 星期四

getting ready for the 5K

Tonight was my last practice before the big 5K walk/run coming up this saturday. I feel that i'll have to do the full 5K, and not just the 2 miles i usually stop at. i wanted to see what my best time could be, knowing that on the real day it will always be slower (due to the slopes and all). and i wasn't too bad. I did 5K in a little bit under an hour, and i didn't feel like dying at all. mostly i just needed to sustain that power to run for 10-15 min non-stop. then take a walk, then run again. but it takes about 3 repetitions to finish the whole course. which makes me realize how long a way i have still toward a marathon, even a half marathon. But at this point i'm happy enough. I've gone from a complete couch potato who hasn't worked out in maybe a year to someone who can do 5K and still keep a straigh face afterward. and it's been like this too. the following day i can work, hike, whatever, with no debilitating soreness in my legs at all. Very happy with the results. am definitely reaching my second goal: swimsuit body for the summer. :D

Aside from that, nothing too eventful has happened today. I was reading for the boring law class and the notes went on forever. However, I did receive an email from the "maid of honor" from my ex roommate/bestfriend's wedding. she asked us to all join a group and share our favorite memories of the bride (my friend). I haven't submitted one because i haven't thought of one. I know i said that i've gotten over the bitterness but maybe there is still residual feelings. Because when i really think hard, there's so much in the past i can't even begin to list them all:

1. met while working together in school cafeterial. practically met the first week. people keep getting us mixed up.

2. walked to math everyday since we met. then we had physics together, japanese together...

3. lived together for 2 years, cooked together, ate together, went grocery shopping together, clubbed together, went go-karting together..

4. drove me home during freshmen year and introduced to me all the wonderful great rock bands she listened to

5. took me Moo's ice cream when my heart was broken

6. taught me to cook, to bake

7.....


while these people only could trace their memories back to 2007, i could go on forever. and yes, they have to mention about their faith in their message. i know that, that was the only thing that has drawn a line between me and my roommate/bestfriend possibly forever now.


and i listen to both my roommates about wedding planning. and their favors and videographers. i dont know if i should be glad that there's still much to do left in my life because i still have to work hard on my career in order to get somewhere, or if i should be sad that none of my concerns are really their concerns anymore. all my talks about work-related/school-related stress and anxiety about future seem so unimportant in the face of someone's happiest day in her life. i couldn't' bring myself to talk about my own issues.

沒有留言: