2010年2月13日 星期六

this is how you can tell my rotation is over ;)

Because i'm starting to update everyday!

Hehe anyway, first thing to report: I finally finalized my interviews and my date to go back to tw! Hooray! I was worried that I would have to postpone my trip until later during my break and therefore miss ALL OF chinese new year and time to spend with my parents. But as it turns out, I was able to schedule both interviews during next week. Although I still have to fly in for one of them, and schedule is back to back so I will have to drive from thousand oaks directly to the airport to get on the plane, then a day after i come back from new jersey get on another plane to go back to tw, I am happy to do so. It beats spending my vacation waiting in the US for something that may or may not happen. Will keep you posted.

Second thing, I finally get to go out and have some fun with my friends. Well, not like a crazy night out but after almost 6 weeks of zero social life other than eating and sleeping right after work, I met up with a old college pal in K-town to have some korean bbq. Whew, that's a lot of cholesterol. But I have to say the pork belly was really good, as well as the marinated short ribs. Although i secretly suspected that I didn't get my money's worth because we ordered all-you-can-eat, and I have a stomach size of a little birdie. :( We then 'walked' to (yes, that's the beauty of west LA) the nearest bar (Le bleu) and had a couple drinks while catching up. It's always good to hang with old friends who live a completely different life. Having hang with pharmacy friends for so long sometimes you lose sight of what really makes you YOU in college. life really isn't all about fellowships/residency. I always enjoy other people's stories, espeically when they are well-travelled. It reminds me of all the happy times i had while abroad away from work. Of course at this point i am very far removed from it, but it's good to always have a goal to work toward. Although I did somewhat complained about the fact that I can never end up where i REALLY want to be. And I mean this not in terms of the position but in terms of the location of the companies I want to be. In general, metropolitan cities are alreayd over populated and it is not possible to fit a new industry (such as biotech/pharma) inside a city like New york. Physically there's just not enough room and economically it would cost too much. So I am finding myself constantly choosing between the suburbs. I can tell you with 100% confidence that if these jobs are in NYC or Boston I would move in a heartbeat. But to think I'm essentially transferring from a big city to a small town where there is nothing kind of scares me. I would be doing the same thing, minus family and friends. My friends who are in fashion or business can pretty much put their finger anywhere on the US map and stay in the city they want. But not so with pharmaceutical industry (unless you are into sales and marketing).

Alas, time to sleep!

沒有留言: