2010年2月16日 星期二

latest on the whole interview ordeal...

Just when I thought i could finally finalize my travel plans for this 6 weeks off, i learned about some new information that threw everything off. :(

So, before yesterday, my plan was to return to tw after my westcoast interview on wednesday and Eastcoast interview on Friday. I was happy that I could squeeze both in the week right after my rotation ends so i can maximize my time in taiwan as much as possible. Even though these two are my last two choices left, I was still faced with hard decisions like:

Company A(westcoast): smaller, no new drug in pipeline, the director can be hard to work with (I did a rotation there), not too many interesting assignments and no opportunity to travel with this position, but close to home and offers more money as stipend, and I will be working with the department (med affairs) I like.

Company B (eastcoast): bigger name, more drugs coming out, there MAY be opp to travel, a more structured program with potentailly more interesting assignments, bad location (NJ, and not very close to NYC), bad weather, far from home, less money, and the job description isn't something I had a passion for (this is the OTHER positiong they are offering a interview for after turning me down for the position i really want).


decision decisions. Basically, I will have to sit in the US for a while longer. Apparently company A has multiple interviews after this one tomorrow. So essentially I will be spending all of my chinese new year (maybe longer) here in the US by myself. wahhhhh! :*(

沒有留言: