2008年1月30日 星期三

Something GOOD for a change




My good friend R sent me a coupon via e-mail for Wicked, the ever so popular musical in LA that's impossible to get in unless you buy super in advance. The coupon takes 50% off of a regular price ticket so i got them for my family, and ORCHESTRA SEATS! for next weekend. Just in time for Chinese New Year Celebration.

Aside from that, I will have to write another post on the beauty of having Swingbox on my computer. I have to say that i am fully entertained by the Japanese shows I can now watch from the comfort of my home. i LOVE 緯來日本台. if only they play more 玉木宏 stuff.;) And i wonder why my friend and i met these attractive guys at the party last week and i didn't feel a thing. ;) damn you tamaki for lingering in my dream!

It is the official start of LA Restaurant week:




And i have tried the first one of this year, Takami Sushi:


we did this right before our 1pm class and bascially wolfed the 3 courses down. I have to say that for $22 this is not a bad deal at all. you get a combination of everything with very high quality fish and wonderful dessert (my friend S had the green tea and original creme brulee, I had the mochi ice cream with fresh fruit) and it was wonderful. the restaurant was a little tricky to find though. It's located in the financial district of downtown LA and parking was a nightmare and the parking lot sucked. I can't decide if it's worth it for the trouble but I have to say downtown LA looks a whole lot like the east coast with people walking about btw tall buildings dressed in suits or longer coats. (hmm business guys <3)The best part of the experience is that the restaurant is located on the 21st floor. So the view is great overlooking the buildings (would be great for a night out). And the ambience is very chic. great for dating, bad for singles.....ok i made that up.

A couple others that are worth a look:
Ciudad, twin palms, Roy's, I cuigio, Ruth's steakhouse..etc. The prices aren't cheap but if you compare to what you normally can have with that much $ it really is a killer deal.

hehe ok i'm having 2 killer quizzes tomorrow so i will stop here.

沒有留言: