2008年4月19日 星期六

glad i didn't spend that much...

ok so yesterday as a promise to myself in year 2008 I've attended yet another social event. There was a dance at the California Science Center and all of the sc graduate students are invited. $25, food and drinks included. I got a couple of friends to go with, and it was actually pretty fun. except that the room felt like a freezer the whole time, and the catering wasn't that yummy. But as an attempt to eat my money's worth, i seriously had EVERYTHING down to that last piece of brownie and 4 drinks. This girl can EAT. ;)

I wore this cream colored tube dress that goes slightly below the knees. It has layers of laces and a ribbon at the waist. I got this YEARS ago on an impulse and never got to wear it because 1)no date and 2)no event so formal that is worthy of its showcase. But yesterday seemed like a good opportunity, and to actually look decent in that dress i went on a 2 week diet/exercise plan. I would try working out 3 times a week and do my killer-arms routine with dumb bells. And I tanned myself as to look more healthy and skinner in that dress (total visual illusion gimmick). And it actually worked pretty well i must say. I was happy that I SEEMED to lose a couple pounds and the dress fit.

So before the big event I was debating whether I should purchase a few more things to go with it, namely: nude underwears because it's slightly see-through (trust me black panties will not work), a clutch (because I am such a big purse kind of girl and my humongous bags just cannot go with this lady dress), necklace (because I never wear accessories, therefore never own any that can go with this dress), and a mani/pedicure. In the end, I only spent a total of $25 on the absolutely necessary mani/pedi. The rest, I just went without or borrowed something from my sister. But i have to say, the 25 bucks were well-spent. I mean, last time I got it was like last year at this time. But I can always understand the affluent styles of some housewives because it really felt like a great trip of relaxation for your digits. I mean, i never take good care of my fingernails. I get in the bad habit of picking them and they break easily because I play with them so much, and my toe nails? I clip them when I remember. ;) yeah pretty nasty i know. But good Heavens! Yesterday I randomly found this cheap place that does spa mani/pedi for 25 and do they know how to take care of your hands. they removed all my cuticles and deadskins and i felt transformed! (although i think the lady must secretly blame my bad hygiene for the amount of hardwork she had to put into an amazon like me).

So yes, $25! for the dance where I didn't meet anyone special. Almost all the guys who went were dates/bf's of someone. I officially released all my inhibition and danced with my gf's like no one's business, while thanking my good judgement that I should keep my spending/pampering to a minimum because it's not likely for anything to happen really. If i had wasted too much money i'd only feel like an idiot.

So yes, I ate A LOT and danced A LOT in the room which felt like a freezer, so much that i was feeling kinda sick this morning. I may not have met any one, but i am definitely enjoying the nails which will last probably longer than many relationships nowadays. ;)

沒有留言: