2008年4月9日 星期三

day at the clinic

this is prolly my 3rd time visiting the student health this week. After two nights of barely sleeping, I've decided to finally have my cough checked out. Well, the doctor was nice enough. Although when I first got the appointment i was expecting a caucasian male (because of the last name of the doctor). but she turned out to be an asian lady who's really petit and wears boots. :O
She seemed nice and we were talking like friends (odd), i wonder if it's because she found out i'm a student at the school here. Well, at least she didn't give me that weird face like the other doctor did. I have to say that most of the time when i say pharmacy i get this rather disapproving look, which i'm still trying to figure out what that means. But surprisingly this doctor seem very supportive. So i'm guessing that's probably what it's like out there when i start working in a hospital (if ever, one day). out of every 10 doctors there will be 2 that actually listen to what i'm saying. there's definitely more about the heirarchy thing in healthcare, but i digress.

so according to her, I am actually developing this mild asthma associated with viral-infected colds (or upper respiratory infection). she put me on the albuterol inhaler, which is to be used in emergency situations or cough attacks (which i get every now and then, esp at night), and this inhaled corticosteroid which helps with the nasal allergy symptoms, as well as the promethazine with codeine syrup that helps me sleep at night. i'm really hoping i can finally get a restful sleep. but more importantly, i really want the symptoms to go away so i dont have to live with this terrible thing forever. seriously, i would rather not have asthma. it's just too inconvenient in all situations.

沒有留言: