2007年12月4日 星期二

Recap of my night at Busby's

http://www.busbysonline.com/west_details.htm

Last night turned out to be a really interesting experience....I guess my social anxiety always teaches me to expect the worst and when i actually go things aren't half bad. Although the evening did end in a rather interesting way.

My friends and I met up at around 10pm and we headed to Busby's in Santa Monica. Ive never been but according to my friend it's quite a fun place where lots of people hang out. so we got there, and the bar seemed pretty empty. We did not see the bday boy or his entourage, so we decided to sit down for a beer (well, wine for my friends). Aside from the awkwardness that the hosts weren't actually there before us, I actually really liked the bar. There were a lot of things to do and the interior was quite antiquish with the leather button sofas, and chairs next to the fireplace, and brick walls, very homey.

Finally they arrived, and of course the filipino fetish guy showed up first (who i talked to last time and exchanged phone number with). We polited chatted a little, then my friend really seemed to hit it off with him (i can pretty confidently say there's electricity in the air, they both giggle around each other a lot). We followed him to his group and met more people. They were all pretty cool guys. Then for some time i was stranded with this filipino fetish guy (called R for simplicity). So R told me that he's visiting his grandma in Nottingham, England, and i told him i was there for a summer. We had a brief good talk there about the british and that little city which i loved. Just as i thought he was beginning to sound normal he later commented on my friend's filipinoness again (which my friend and I bursted out into laughter for), and that the way i held my beer was kinda defensive and stand-offish, that i should have looked more receptive (a lot of bull). Where did this guy come from? He seriously studies those relationship books WAYYY too much and it was like one bad line after another. I am glad that he'd moved on to my friend and will forever leave my universe.

the evening later became more fun when my other girlfriend and I started playing ping pong against other guys, who were surprisingly all pretty good ping pong players too. haha i totally thought I would dominate this asian sport. but they proved me wrong. then we played some hoops and foosball and pool. At the end of the night I was getting really dizzy and weak and i couldn't figure out why. I didn't drink that much and when i got home i couldn't even finish my shower cuz i was too nauseated. I later found out (duh) that i probably was anemic because i had just gotten my period, and i shouldn't ahve touched anything alcoholic at all. And i only had one bread yesterday because i was rushing to school and didn't buy food. everything in combination caused my sickness. When I woke up this morning the whole room was spinning. But i'm much better now, after being fed and rested.

沒有留言: