2007年12月10日 星期一

my xmas wish list

wow, now that i'm reading it again, my last post sounds really angry..i'm considering if i should take it off because people might take it the wrong way. it could come off as egotistic but i really meant it in the nicest, self-cheer-leading way.

Anyway during my recent visits to Borders cafe, i've really come up with my own xmas wish list that i hope to get for myself once i cash my checks, these include:

1. A one year subscription to Newsweek/Times: I hate living in a cave and school really turns you into the most uninformed person in the world. if i still wish to carry a conversation with a regular human being i better read up on the news.

2. A Coach wallet: i normally dont care about the high ended stuff but since my wallet was stolen in June i haven't replaced it with anything (becuase i dont have time) and so now i'm walking around all day with a COIN PURSE that came with my purse and i stuff all the receipts and bills and coins in there. it looks like a white mouse ready to vomit. Really embarrassing these days when i try to pay at the cafeteria and all my coins fall out and my bills look like they are pulled out of a truck driver's back pocket. So yes i need a nice, sensible, affordable coach wallet (which i already decided on the style) to make me look like someone who belongs to the female species again.

3. A book --Atonement. I've been hearing so much about the movie and can't wait til it comes out this weekend. but i've also heard that the book is extremely good and powerful and since the last time i read was in summer (magazines dont count) i realized i can use some literary influence in my life.

4. A one phrase a day French Calendar: i saw this while i was at Borders. it really does sound interesting and helpful for a french-learner. on the cover it says: quels sont vos loisirs? which means what are your interests/leisurements? and it defines the vocab for ya. seeing i've already forgotten 80% of the french i learned it may be really helpful. it also comes in german and italian and chinese. Well, wait til i nail this one first.

Optional:

1. Medical Spanish: will come in handy when i do consultation. it really shouldn't be hard as i only need to know "take X tablet/capsule X times a day for X condition". most medical terms sound exactly the same as Spanish ie. Osteoporosis and diabetes mellitus.

2. Pride and Prejudice Sheet Music for Piano: i know they came out with this because i researched on Amazon. it sounded true to the original score which i thought was beautiful and had a soundtrack of. Now i really want to play it. :)

Wow, so many wishes and so little time and $. gotta budget and see which one goes first. although i do feel that they are all important in different ways, either food for the mind or things that make me look less ghetto.

沒有留言: