2009年11月3日 星期二

vacay ideas?

So this winter break, i have only 2 weeks off. I have a rotation right before and right after. And I'd like to be un-jetlagged when my spring rotation starts. so i've decided against going back to tw during this short break (although i'm EXTREMELY homesick). It would be a waste of money if i did go back. A thousand bucks for 2 wks only. not really worth it. plus, i'm not working anymore, so definitely no extra money to spend around.

So if i was gonna be in town, i need to think of something to do to pass time. I still want a mini vacay, just not internationally. so i think a cruise would be a good idea. Except, on the west coast, all the cruises suck. they only take you to mexico but you spend 2/3 of your time on the sea, and you can only go as far as Cabo San Lucas. And it does NOT look like it is a good idea to be in Mexico this year, esp. with the H1N1 going rampant over there. Ugh i hate that the flu takes away one of the few pleasures a Californian can have within a short distance.

I COULD go to San Fran, I suppose. but i've been there many times. And plus, without being with your family it's not all that fun to just be there when the rest of the town is celebrating Xmas. I might get even more homesick (hence the Mexican Cruise idea, lots of eating and sleeping to pass time).

DESPERATELY need to come up with a plan....

沒有留言: