2009年11月2日 星期一

a long-awaited GOOD DAY!!

haha as promised...i am updating about a good day! :) a REALLY good one too. i dont think i've felt this elated in a VERY long time....

So over the weekend, just to prove the psychic wrong, i did go to a house party with my sister and her friend. it turned out to be a really fun time. NO, no one i'd want to date from the party, but it was good to just hang out with people without all the pressure on your mind. i should really stop stressing myself out. it turned out I wasn't really doing it to prove the psychic wrong. I actually had fun. And i dressed up as a witch with a little headband with a witch hat on it. Because i didn't want to pay $50 for a cheaply made costume. pictures will follow..soon. on my picasa. I'm still in the process of getting them from friends.

So 3 REALLY GOOD THINGS happened today:

1) I have 3 interview booked for december! 3 interviews from various drug companies for a fellowship position. I am attending a conference in December and it's been stressing me out because I will be there only for 3 days. i couldn't miss that many days of work and i have a friend's wedding i must attend. So i really dont have that many time to interview, and i will have to fly in late. But as one colleague suggested that I could use this online service to start contacting potential companies, and that's what i did over the weekend. And i now definitely have 3 interviews set up. :D

2) met this other young guy on my floor. I know, it's nothing to cheer about. But this guy has been passing by my cube for weeks and we never spoke. i noticed him because he was one of the younger persons/unmarried, and he always looked into my cubicle when he was on his way to the copy machine room. So today while i was in there we finally chatted. And he had this accent (not sure where that's from). i could feel that i was nervous, but then again, because i'm a dork, and i haven't dated in a longgg time, so i think anything mildly attractive can turn me into a giddy girl. we'll see about that. but i even told him that too. this is my last week here at this company, so.....oh well.

3) my talk with boss. My super assertive, super human boss actually gave me a semi-evaluation today. I was showing her the projects she told me to work on. and honestly i was still anaylyzing these paper yesterday until 12 am on my OWN TIME on my own computer. and she really liked my work. this is the first time she's directly told me how much she's liked my work. and she flat out told me that i have a nitch for industry. and she would hate to see it go wasted had i gone into clinical (hospital) pharmacy. that was like the highest form of flattery i've ever experienced thus far in my life. i was never sure if i seemed stupid in front of her because she's quite hard to read. and because she's so good at her job and so assertive, i feel very incompetent most of the time. and i could never be sure if she liked my work or if i was just like any other student she's had before. To hear that she thinks i'm professional, i deliver, and i should really consider industry because i'm good at my job, i was beyond ecstatic. She even noticed that during all our meetings i never seemed bored. i was trying to get the most out of every experience, even if that means sitting in a meeting for 2 days without speaking a word. i was mentally there the whole time, just processing the information in my head, and i can't believe she noticed that. She even went so far to tell me taht i have a good chance with the fellowship next year. that is going to make me feel good for a very long time. because it's confirmed that i do have what it takes to work in industry, as i so often doubted myself before.

it's true that what goes down must come up at some point. this is the most validating thing i've heard lately. I've often felt that my boss is like the future me, but more assertive, and married with two kids. we have the same sense of humor and i am scared of her professionally but not personally. I dont know if she feels that way. But if i can be like that, it's not a bad thing at all. :)

Anyway. let's hope the goodness continues!