2009年11月5日 星期四

Goodbye cubicle!


Yes...today I finally concluded my first-ever journey in a pharmaceutical company. i can't say that I was exactly thrilled or not thrilled, but it's over. there are definitely things i will miss about it here:

- duckies in the pond surrounding the building
- close proximity to restaurants and Barns & Nobel (within walking distance)
- sitting down (as compared to standing for 9 hrs)
- not having to talk to people every minuite of my life
- doing work that does not require brain power

And of course, there are things I definitely will not miss:
- The Promenade. pretty much the only shopping plaza i've visited for the past 6 weeks
- thousand oaks. a whole lotta nothing here
- my cubicle. yes, i get to sit in it for 9 hrs a day and i dont get to see 90% of the people on the same floor because of the dividers
- the size of the company. the size of my team.
- the asinine projects i get that require zero pharmacy knowledge
- all the married/unavailable/old guys/gals
- all the business/sports talk
- the lack of happy hour and sociability or people around my age
- the guy who i met only once
- the product line we manage
- the marketing people with their big talks and their use of numbers
- the work talk even during lunch out. just leave it in your office, people.

So, if you asked me, what i think about this rotation. i can't really tell you that it's made me feel that industry is MY THING. Which is weirdly ironic. I wanted it all along. And this has been the ONLY rotation where i got the most validating reviews from. I pretty much impressed my boss so much without even realizing it. And my 110% effort was actually rewarded. I feel like I actually have a good chance to land a position here next year. But why am i hesitating?

I am sure i will most likely make a chart about the pros and cons about hospital vs. industry. for now i have 4 interviews set up, all of them pretty competitive, and if i did get them, i'd have to move far, far away. and start a new life, prolly under a fake name. But anyway, i am obsessing over this too much. i will give it a rest tonight.

Goodbye cubicle!

沒有留言: