2008年10月13日 星期一

The Love Guru and Sarah Bareilles



Ok, first of all, a grand slam of a picture from the movie Love Guru. why? well, because I am somewhat of a (ironically) love guru to many of my girlfriends. people ask me questions which i think are easy to see the solution of, but are not so clear to people who are involved. I don't think i always come up with the best answers, but i always try to give logical one at least. Maybe because of my lack of relationship actually gives me that degree of freedom to think emotionlessly. but i have to say that I always learn something about how far girls are willing to go to preserve a relationship, while their bf's, dont want anything to do with it.

Case in point, today I was having one of those heart-to-heart moments with a girlfriend of mine. and she explained to me why she sort of stopped seeing her long-time bf who she's also in a long distance relationship with. Basically, she fell for someone at work...you know what i think about intraoffice/intraclass dating..the answer is NO! Anyway, so she got close to this guy, and they had a really fun month together and decided to get together before she went away for the summer internship. And now that she's back, he actually is telling her things like he feels bad about being inferior to her careerwise (she's in professional school, and he's still waiting to get in), and he thinks it's unfair for her to "wait for him" while he's still trying to go somewhere professionally, and he doesn't even know if he would get in. He wants her to feel free to date other people if she wants to. because ultimately that's the best decision for her.

Aww, such a nice guy, right? NO! Where do guys now adays learn this BS? from the school of "how to break up with someone and still manage to sound like a gentleman"? THIS is the kinda crap that's making girls unable to move on because they feel that they "want' to wait for you out of their free will and they will still hang out with you late night because they believe that there's still feelings left, it's just that their boyfriends need to settle professionally before they can go out again. I hate to break it to you, but from what i can translate, his big speech boils down to one thing "I WANT OUT". As heartless as this might sound, when someone breaks up with you, he doesn't like you enough. it doesn't matter if he does it because he's the president of the US and he doesn't have time for you ----he just doesn't like you enough, plain and simple. Look at it this way, if you REALLY like someone and can see yourself married to the person, would you even risk it by suggesting that you take a 'break'? because this break, can turn into a permanent one, and you lose the person forever. 10 out of 10 times i hear a little speech like that the guy and the girl never get back together. it really is just a way to let you down easy. so next time he calls at 2am in the morning wanting to hang out, tell him no. since he's decided to move on and do better things with his time while he "figures his life out", you've done the same too. There's a lot of blind dates await. No time for this grey-area dance.

That really makes me sound like such a loveless feminist.

But the main reason I dont put up with A-holes, is because i am not an a-hole. and A-holes definitely dont deserve my crying over him in sleep or wasting my precious time before exams to get jealous over some other girl. I have so much to give as a person and a girlfriend. I hate all dramas, and i cook fairly well and i'm willing to cook for my significant other and i'm up for anything fun. I really dont think people who are masochists deserve to step all over me. so i only want NICE BOYS (who, by the way are all taken, or have vanished from earth at least from where i stand).

Then i was at this fun concert over the weekend:


Sara Bareilles is this cute girl from UCLA who came up with songs like 'Love Song' or 'Fairy Tale' which are extremely cute and catchy. So i was lucky enough to get these tickets from my friend to see her at The Wiltern (and we went to this yummy Mr. Pizza Factory before, but i digress). and her opening bands were wonderful, but when Sarah came on it was a riot! She was so personable! but the funny thing is, right before she gets into every song she would talk about her inspiration for each one. And it's always along the lines of "i was in love with a guy who was in love with someone else", or " I walked in on my bf who was cheating on me"....

and she was such a CUTE GIRL! I mean she is so talented, has a great voice, and i very pretty...if a girl like her has to fall hard so many times, then there sure as hell isn't any chance for the rest of us. Probably not the most encouraging thing to realize. :/

by the say, here's a link to her music video.

沒有留言: