2008年7月20日 星期日

Week update: some eating, more eating, and the beach

There wasnt' much going on this week, except that i have work on thurs and saturday (and thankfully eventless shifts), it was nice and relaxing. A few things worth noted:

French Class:
turns out that, even though i had taken the placement test and should be at a higher level, Berlitz screwed it up again. I had to wait 2 weeks before i attended my first class (and asked for these days off work), and it turned out to be a BEGINNER's class. They were actually starting from the VERY, VERY basic stuff like "how are you" and the colors. I was majorly pissed off and asked that the rest of my lessons be turned into tutor hours. I might just get these hours over with and be done with Berlitz. I have waited thus far for my summer french class and it's already the end of july and NOTHING really happened for me. I do not and will not recommend this institution to another. and by looking at their textbook it's not as well arranged as the one they used at the community college which i attended. I have to say most of the knowledge i have of the language comes from the class i took at PCC 3 years ago. LOVED my teacher who was so nice and passionate about france and french culture and she made it so fun!

Lola's:
http://www.lolasla.com/
went there with a pharm class mate. a very nice relaxing evening, the server was extremely friendly and upbeat, and the martini's were so yummy! i had the peach puree and strawberry field martinis. highly recommended for a girl's night out thing. had a real fun time catching up with my single girlfriend.

Tahoe Galbi:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tahoe-bbq-los-angeles
went there on wed night because a friend had invited me. it was a very nice and upbeat korean bbq place that serves all you can eat. there were 3 other guys and two girls who were really cool and funny. except i wasn't particularly into dating any of them. :P

Mi Piace:
http://www.mipiace.com/

Venice Beach:
It was such a fun day at the beach. we all woke up to go to this really nice brunch place in downtown venice beach called Rose Cafe:
http://www.rosecafe.com/
i probably blogged about this place before. i'm glad my parents also enjoyed their omelettes and deli selections. We then headed down to the beach and rented a body board to play in the water a bit. i am still TERRIBLE at it and drank lots of of water. :P it was so salty i swear something was going to shoot out of my nose, and the fact that my swimsuit bottom had become very lose did not help!i was probably butt naked half of the time. :P sorry to have flashed everyone! but it was fun to just hang with my sisters and spent quality time together. I'm glad we finally get to do this!

Orris:
http://www.orrisrestaurant.com/
Yummy, yummy, yummy frech/japanese fusion restaurant. We came here right after the beach because my parents were here a couple days ago and wanted to share this nice place with us. has very created fusion food, some of the more memorable: Baked Romain lettus with shaved parmasian cheese on it; trio of smoked salmon croquette, Rose wine from La cote Bleue; lamb Loin; ravioli with shrimp paste and shitake mushroom...etc. everything comes in tapas size so you get to try ONE BITE of everything. ;) and then i just realized that this place is actually right next to the karaoke place and the milk tea place where i have hung out wiht friends before. Everything looks so different in day light.

Weird happening:
On the way walking to Orris, some car was honking at us as we crossed the street. I didn't think we broke any law but turned around to look anyway. As it turned out, some guys in an SUV thought they saw me last time at a club! What the Heck?! I haven't clubbed in ages! and i dont even like clubs! and i dont even look like a scantily dressed clubber?! and this is NOT the first time i've gotten asked/recognized for such things before. there must be a body double of myself roaming around in my city doing unspeakable things. Show thyself before you ruin my reputation out there! >_<

沒有留言: