2007年10月22日 星期一

the bump on my leg and some more

it all began last week on monday when i suddenly felt this bug bite on my leg. AT first i didnt' pay much attention to it cuz it just felt like mosquito bite. however after i took a shower at night it started to hurt a lot. and by the next day it's developed into this gigantic monster of a bump on my leg which looked really scary. However due to my 12-hr days almost every day i really couldn't find time to see the doc right away. so one day passed i didn't do anything and by wedesday it's even bigger and more painful than ever. It was so debilitatin that when i get out of my bed/chair i would feel this sharp pain in the bump. I had to make an appointment with the doctor despite my crazy schedule.

So the only doctor available then was this male doctor...unfortunately. I'm not one who cares about the gender of the doctor i see unless it's something embarrassing or ob/gyn. But this bump happens to locate sort of high on my thigh which means i have to take off my pants to show them..so i was a bit more concerned. But the doctor was nice. he told me graduated from ucsd med a couple years back and seemed genuiinely concerned about my situation. he drew a line and measured the dimension of my bump and it was 7cm by 7cm then. gave me a shot and put me on antibiotics and told me to come back friday.

So friday i went back. the bump got worse due to my extended time of standing throughout the week (poor me). And he measured it again it was 10 by 11....seriously the whole thing looked like it was going to eat up my thigh. it looked like it could have spreaded around my whole thigh if it wanted. but according to him it was less red and inflammed. so i was scheduled to come back again. however this time he passed me on to another doctor because he wouldn't be there on monday. he brought another male doctor in before i could put my pants back on. Although i did wear a gown i still felt pretty exposed having two men around my age examing my thigh and did i mentin the swelling is pretty high up??? :P :P embarrassing. The sad part is that the 2nd doctor is actually really good looking so it made me feel even more self-concious abou it.

So today i returned for the follow-up by the hot doc. he couldn't find the gown at first and gave me something that looked more like a large piece of tissue. i didnt' want to be a pain so although i could tell it wasn't a gown i tried to use it to cover up my legs as much as i could. so when he returned to the room i told him about the "gown' he had given me wasn't actually a gown. All of a sudden he became really flustered (prolly because i seemed like i was sitting there butt naked with a piece of tissue on my lap) and pulled the curtain shut again and started looking frantically for the gown and even knocked over the trash can. :-/ finally when we got out of hte embarrassing situation he diagnosed me and said it was getting much better (whew). and he was so nice that he put on a band-aid for me (haha). i told him i was so worried that they would have to cut the abscess open and he said 'yeah me too". :? he told me to come back for a follow up but he had forgotten about his schedule and said some cuss words and apologized for it.

so anyway.... i wonder if it was all in my imagination that the good looking doctor was flustered and nervous around me. but i dont want to flatter myself. He's wayyy too good looking and smart and nice to be like that. so i thought it must be all in my head.

沒有留言: