2009年1月17日 星期六

This and That, at the beginning of 2009


Yes! finally finished cleaning my room 2 hrs before parents arrive! and i'm literally bent backwards, but never mind that, the house is clean! my room is clean! there's no rotten food anywhere on the desk and the toilet seat is so clean i can take a nap on it...

ANYWAY..

although my 2008 is now in the past and there's much to look forward to (or little) in 2009, here are a few things that remain unchanged which i noticed in the past few days:

- profiles on Facebook: guys who TRY to look like a pimp still can't find a picture without being surrounded by at least 3+ girls or leaving a provocative status as if wanting people to envy their lifestyle (" had the BEST time in so and so place, went to cool awesome places...")

- Profiles on dating website: guys who can't find pictures without a woman's arm around his neck or face against his face-- this is why i haven't really been able to commit to the cyber dating world. Obviously if you are having trouble taking a picture BY YOURSELF, you have plenty of company of the opposite sex in your life. i just cannot see what message they are tryin to infer.

- profiles on facebook: people with strong political affiliation, especially those who are die-hard republican-- yes, i get that you're a HUGE Bush fan, but will you stop using different shots of you with mr. president as your profile picture. i get the picture! you're sad that he's leaving the office in 3 days, and think that america might have possibly made the biggest mistake. I'm guessing "students for Barack Obama" might not be your group to join on facebook. well, it is for me.

- Quest to hunt for husbands/future bfs: well, honestly this has been slowed down by my own adverse feelings toward it at the end of 2008. all it takes is the right place at the right time with the right personl. having crashed gazillions of social events makes me feel like, unaccomplished, and unmotivated. I'm not about to go home with someone on the first day, and i can't deal with guys at clubs who are aggressive, and i'm not exactly at the age where i can go out with the busboy anymore. So i'm feeling this immense pressure to have to attend this PROM for medical school next week. Somehow i already know how the night is going to end. and the scariest of it all, is having to drive to the event in my semi formal dress.

- feeling unwomanly, and likely never to be womanly enough to participate in the life's biggest events such as marriage, pregnancy, childbirth: Yes, i continue to go to school with 180 other females. So the estrogen-over powering class is about the age of, well late 20s. So after every break there's also new engagement rings to be shined, or baby bumps to be seen, or ultrasound pictures to be shown. I tried to be as good a player as i possibly can and show my enthusiasm at every detail of their wedding planning, engagement detail, and the sex of the child they are bearing but i'm probably doing a horrible job at it (considering my situation). So thursday while seeing another ultrasound picture i was staring at two people hugging each other and screaming.....Can you blame me? i'm the 10% of people who are without a ring on her ring finger in class. that reminds me, gotta go to the bridal convention wtih a friend.


So how is my 2009 going to differ?


- well for one, i am starting my rotations in May. I MAY be applying for fellowships at the end of the year, for which i have to write more applications and attend interviews and prepare to move to the east coast by myself.

- time for a eurotrip (finally)

- quit my current job (yes!) although i have become so fast and good at it, it's a shame to leave. but good customers cannot make me stay one minute longer where i can't have a decent lunch break and the yellings from customers everyday. i need to be around people around my age, where there are more GUYS and fewer female pharmacists who pms and talk about their kids (or dont' talk to you at all).

- To Be continued...

沒有留言: