2009年1月31日 星期六

Reasons why.....

I'm not clubbing anymore...at least, in the near future (until i'm coerced).

Well, there are times in my life where i would wake up and have terrible flashbacks about the day/night before about some stupid things i shouldnt' have done. They are usually pretty mild in nature (nothing like doing drugs, smoking pot, hooking up, accidentally stabbing someone..). But i am kinda hitting that point where i think clubbing or drinking isn't the thing for me anymore.

A week from today i was attending this MedProm thrown by medical students at USC. And i haave to say that it was fun up until the point where i got pretty sick. It just sort of happened. And then my friend spent the rest of the night taking care of me. Of course, i was mortified too, because i'm not a drunkard, and I can hold my alcohol pretty well, sort of speak. But i think that night something just didn't feel right. So i was sweating cold sweats, and my stomach was turning. I actually ended up having a group of med students taking care of me and asking if i was alrite. and a mutual friend who i barely knew had to drive me and my friend back to my car, where my friend subsequently took over and drove my a** home.

Of course, the following day i felt like an idiot. i had to do it on MED SCHOOL TERRITORY, as if i didnt' tarnish my name badly enough. Why?? These people share the same campus as us and if anything they will forever remember me as THAT girl. i'm usually not like that! i wish there's a way for me to explain but i guess with people you dont know, first impression is THE impression. And my poor friend, who had to take care me, who i am forever in debt to, had to bear with me for so long. And i have to say that, after that crazy of a night, i prolly want to swear off anything remotely alcoholic for a while. Even though my friends and I like to taste different wines/champagns just to learn. That will have to stop too.

I am just kind of shocked, and dissappointed in my self. I feel that the past 1.5 year i was sort of on a tail spin, trying to go out more as to not sit home and feel like i'm not invested socially, and to increase my chance of "meeting someone" because of the number of people around me getting hitched/engaged. But truthfully, you can not expect to meet quality individuals at a night spot. Especially with the way i am, i dont like to play cute/flirty. So in a way that is sort of a waste of my time if i'm not going to be nice to strangers or go home with someone at the end of the day. I look at it always as hanging out with girlfriends as to not have any expectations.

So no more late night hang outs with high stress for me. :o)

沒有留言: