2008年3月30日 星期日

horribly, horribly sick

it's been a while since i last posted, and it's due to this bad cold i've caught. It started last saturday when i was at the airport coming back from tw. I just sensed this big stomach flu was coming, but assumed that it was due to the yogurt i had in the morning. Little did i know it was actually the warning before the storm. All throughot my trip on the airplane, i was feeling extremely nauseas, and had the blanket over my head the whole time. I skipped both meals, and very little to eat and only drank water to last me til LA. When I finally landed i had a really bad sore throat.

When I got home, the mild sore throat turned into a full-on cold, i was having fever and chills all over, and the next week i could hardly talk without having a coughing fit. Just when i thought i was recovering on friday, the same thing happened again YESTERDAY, exactly a week after the first attack. i spent the whole day in bed, having fever and really bad cold sweats.

I took some medicine to help with the cold, but this time nothing seemed to help. but it was a weekend and i couldn't go to student health to get free check-up. and the horrible experience i had with ER last time made me rather wait til monday. Honestly, getting sick in the US is a b***ch. you really feel like you can either die or blow your nauseated head off, but going to the doctor and actually getting seen is a bigger pain in the a**.

I was finally able to take some food in last night, and work up and had some soy milk. I have been on this liquid diet for about a week now, and let's hope i've lost some weight over that. Honestly ever since i started graduated school, my health has deteriorated like crazy. i hardly can go through a semester without getting majorly sick. and i'm always feeling fatigued and weak now. I really can't wait til the school year is over. Although that really means that i have to pray that i find an internship this summer, seeing i've sent out at least 50+ cv's and interviewed multiple times, and the results are not looking up for me.

沒有留言: