2008年3月2日 星期日

Why I should NEVER set foot in Ulta/Sephora

Today was supposed to be another long and hard study day for me. And indeed it was. I was in Starbucks for a good one hour, with very few distractions except the woman in dreadlocks sitting across from me who proceeded to rearraged all the tables and couches around me, which is typical of some of the weirdos who visit starbucks, but i digress.

So my next stop was Ulta which is located in the same plaza. Recently I've been doing some research on some procedures i can probably do to my acne scars, and this thing came up:

This new invention is called Zeno which has been out for a couple of years now. I had read about it a while back about its ability to reduce the size of your acne within 24-48 hrs (in my book that's A LOT). But it had just come and i wanted to wait for more reivews on it before i invest my $. So from what i read it proved to be pretty effective. It basically directs the thermoenergy onto your acne, which is typical of a lot of procedures used in dermatologist's office (some of them actualy carry Zeno), it penetrates deep into your skin and kills the bacteria residing in your sebaceous/oil gland, directs more blood flow to the site of inflammation and induces immune attack...blah blah blah. It makes sense to me and it has a 30 day guarantee or your money back. I was sold.

However, before i was able to make my purchase, i had been wondering in the store for about an hour. Partly because i have been deprived of beauty shopping for too long, so to me Ulta is like the paradise of foundations, brow pencils, and hair products. anyway this caught myeye:

It's a 5-in-1 self-adjusting powder compact. you can apply it as thin or thick as you want. I tried a tone darker than my skin (b/c they ran out of my shade) and i really liked the coverage. but...i dotn know. i hate to be disappointed. and a lot of foundation products end up disappointing me b/c i just break out even more. Like that BareMineral hype. i really thought that's the solution to my problems because my cousin B had introduced to me b/c it helped her with her skin. Apparently my skin just repells everything even natural mineral powder on it. i didn't leave the store until 1 hr later...and i fear that my obsession will make me return in a couple days to get that damn powder.

I really should live in a internetless, carless world.

沒有留言: