2009年8月21日 星期五

lotsa things....

Lotsa things happened today..

- stopped by old work place to turn in paper work for my intern hour sign-off: haven't seen my boss et al. for a while (more like 2 years, intentionally). surprised that everyone still recognized me (didn't want them to). had a nice civil interaction with all esp. with boss. will probably pick up hour sheet on monday. glad things went well. have been dreading about it forever since things didn't exactly end on a good note when i left.

- sent sis off to school dorm: felt slightly sentimental and worried. although didn't always get along with her but still worried about her new life and her somewhat scary driving skill in downtown LA. know that she will probably be fine but do miss her a little since she is the youngest and i tend to take care of her a lot.

- finally joined the iphone clan: have been wanting it forever. but my phone wasn't exactly broken and worked fine. whatever suckiness i had to deal with i've somehow grown used to it. i chose the last generation which cost $100 less. I mean, i really dont think another 8GB makes that big a difference, esp. when i dont get to use it! honestly, what can i possibly fit in my phone to fill up that 16GB space? i'd rather put that money where i need it-- a camera that takes nice pictures. my Stylus from Olympus definitely has to be replaced since it doesn't take pictures in day OR night. if i dont use flash nothing gets captured. anyway...good to have an iphone. i can do lots with it. :)
- met up with a friend for some okonomyaki and taiyaki. not as good as what one'd get in tw but i enjoyed the chat so much more. hmm old friends. <3
- oh, and the day before yesterday. i finally tried out Roy's (this hawaiian fusion restaurant) summer prix-fixed menu with my friend who i did HI rotation with. conclusion: the sirloin, over-cooked and tough; appetizer, pretty yummy shrimp spring roll; chocolate molten cake with ice cream, delicious; service: the waiter couldn't stop staring at my friend like he's never seen a woman before, even when he was explaining my entrees to me. but she tends to have this effect on men as i've witnessed about 100x while out with her. so i guess i can't really blame his hormone-driven rxn.
ahh! and a flying cricket just nearly attacked me. help!

沒有留言: