2008年11月26日 星期三

If there is nothing else you want to see in the musical theater......

*back post*

review for Spring Awakening--





See THIS!

I've been wanting to blog about this for some time now, but ever since i spent that only free weekend (with no exam whatsoever) hanging out and doing nothing i haven't had a chance.

Spring Awakening is this new genre of musical theater, written by Duncan Shiek (remember Barely Breathing..ohhhh my knees go soft). the songs throughout are awesome, and very catchy, and the story line brought me to tears. It was about teenage angst and sexuality, and i think it's great for all ages. Mind you, some mind be offended by the crass language "Bitch of living", "Fucked" ....and lots and lots of sexual innuendos. but I think it's not appropriate. It's definitely different, i give you that. As a person who LOVES classical everything especially in the world of musical this has gotta be one of my newest obsession. I still like all the Andrew Lloyd Webber's stuff and Sound of Music and whatnot, but this is a breath of fresh air. My favorite numbers, being "Mama who Bore me" "I believe". The cast is energetic and fun, and when the story turns sorrowful i cried a few tears as well. Oh how it's like to be in love for the first time in your life. Surprisingly it's a adoptation from a 18th/19th century German novel (or something like that). I'm not surprised since there seems to be soo much suppression in the culture. It's interesting because if you think about it, lots of theater is about that era in the history: "sound of music" "Cabaret", "Spring Awakening"....


some highlights:

Mama who Bore me


I believe:


The Word of your Body:


Left Behind (yes, i think Kyle Riabko is awesome with this song)

沒有留言: